Samantha Rochard

My creative process.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

100 Lotus Flowers - At number eleven

Version One of First Lotus Flower
Finished the first ten of 100 Lotus Flowers on Friday gone. You can take a look at what was done so far at 100 Lotus Flowers

In looking at the first ten, my critical eye seriously rejected quite a few of them. The first, the seventh and the eighth to be exact. I was seriously resisting the urge to do over these three to perfect the first ten.  At that point I was reminded of the importance of not trying to be the perfectionist in creating an art piece. The piece speaks for itself. Whatever I think of it, its birth is just sometimes necessary. It may be that I have to get it out of my system, like the need to get crap out of your system.

However, First Lotus Flower really bugged me. It just did not seem like a First flower. I did not believe that the flower depicted the dry and passionless shell I had become. So yes, I did it over. The second Version is below:
First Lotus Flower- Second Version.
I will post it on the other 100 Lotus Flowers Blog, just above the first version so that the two can be compared.

My favourites in the first ten are:

Fifth Lotus Flower 


And

Tenth Lotus Flower
Tenth Lotus flower seemed to be going in a totally different direction. Taking it to the next level maybe? Maybe.......

Of special mention is Ninth Lotus Flower. I don't know why I like that one as well, I just am drawn to it.

Ninth Lotus Flower
Lets see how the second ten progress.........

1 comment:

Bri said...

Hi! I saw your work at World Peace at NAPA and I just wanted to drop you a note that I loved it.