Samantha Rochard

My creative process.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Working....not


Its amazing that you can have all the time, and still get bogged down by things to do. For the next three days I shal take no calls, answer no emails..until I finish the four unfinished paintings that I have on the porch!

Gosh...it really is difficult to carve out your time. Especially when you only have between 9 and 2:30 to work solo. Distractions, kids, house commitments....well damn the curtains until next month. Gym paint, pick up kids....thats all I am going to do. If anyone bugs me I will spray them with bug repellent!!!!


Here is a recently finished painting. There is a poem that goes with it.


Three Boats


As the sun sets upon my life

I sat ashore awaiting.

Far to the horizon I spied

Three ships at the sun's crossing


No marks to differentiate them
No sailor there to guide
No indication for me
To know which I should ride.
One ship sails for Nirvana
One raises my spirit in Life
One ship just sails a parrelel,
and returns soul back to life.
For fear of consequence
How to choose ? thought I
Trust in Above I set my mind
And then I closed my eyes.

1 comment:

paint1chris said...

Samantha, I love your work. The subject matters are so different, yet both are captivating.
You are much braver than I...going full time painting. I'm not there yet, but I have increased painting time and actually started to think of myself as a "professional" artist as opposed to an artist.
Thanks for putting a link to my blog on your website!
Chris in Alberta