Melancholy


An absolutely bad way to begin the new year. I am so blocked, it is painfull to full. I get a painfull pressured feeling in my head. The resentment it starting to build for everything and everyone who keeps me back from creating.

I am sick of this cycle. I want to paint, but have too many responsibilities. I wish I could chuck it all and run off to ...say Indonesia....and spend a year there painting.

I have to get out of this block before it strangles me.........

Oh...the engraving is called Melancholy 1 by Albrecht Durer....thats how I feel. I have wings, but no where to fly. My little Cupid of inspiration is just as grounded. All the supplies are there (for me they are not) but there is no verve to paint or create.
For me though, life gets in the way of the creative process. I need a change of scenery.

Comments