Creative=Crazy?






“Mad Gyal”
“Crazow”
“Trippy”
“You eh too all there are you?”
“I realize that you jes….different”

I have heard those words used over and over again. Yes, I am well aware that I think differently than some people. Things and ideas people place importance on just don’t excite me at all.

I have no need to belong.
My only goal is my happiness …. (well and the people I love too)
Are artists truly crazy? Or are we the sanest individuals on the planet.

Is it that our “creative brains” are one rung short of a full ladder? Or are we geniuses?


There are a few “experts who can answer that question. You can find links below:



You can weigh in on the subject.

I have found a few truths about creative persons, and these are not facts, just my observations on the creative people around me- some of whom I have grown up with and have noted their behavior since they were young:

1)      Creative persons are not afraid to try on different masks – They know that masks are just that…masks. Where temporary personalities and try them on for a while. How else would you know what fits you and whats not for you. We have no need to “FIT IN” ….uuugh!

2)      Creative persons are not afraid to be their true selves – So what if we like purple hair and listen to music from old musicals. I happen to LOVE purple stretch velvet thank you! We tattoo if we need …or not, we have mice on our shoulders, we have no problem posing in our underwear for an artpeice…..neither do we have a problem being understated and private if it suits us.

3)      Creative persons take risks – we must…..we need to know how it feels to do things. We need to create….always…in every aspect of our life! (YES the PUKE GREEN is for the living room wall!)

4)      We LOVE culture, and cultural anomalies

5)      We love to see status quo being turned upside down…. The thing and its opposite can co-exist in our minds….simultaneously!

6)      We are very spiritual…..in whatever form or fashion that excited our mind.

7)      We feel emotions one hundrediferous more times than the average person! I kid you not!

8)      We pick up on coming trends….faster ….much faster…..or maybe that because we create the trends?

9)      At times life can be the bestest most sparkly thing……and at times we feel like slashing our wrists and ending it…(See item 7)

10)   At the end of a painting, a musical piece, a great poem, story…..whatever. At the end of our creative process we slowly com down from a high. This, we acknowledge as the absolute reason for living. The best feeling in the world!



Comments