Balandra Morning

Balandra Morning in progress

Last year some friends of mine were house sitting a place in a secluded spot in Balandra, and invited me for the weekend. The place was small and cute, just enough space to be comfortable and the views and serenity of the surroundings made me feel so relaxed and at ease.

Such a place, seems ideal to me to settle in. It would be a dream, to live in such serene surroundings. I have no need for hustle and bustle anymore. My mind and body honestly feels like I need to be home. In that weekend, I knew what "HOME" would feel like for me.

Detail of Balandra Morning - Samantha Rochard
 As I get older; slower, quieter days appeal to me. I have already spoken about how I would love to simplify life. These days, with my imposed rest to improve the conditions brought on by Menieire's; I am thoroughly enjoying my new schedule. There is a lot more quiet and peace. I feel like this is what I am meant to do, (stupid to say at this point because I knew that all along) as I sit at the canvas in the early morning and paint. I wake early before dawn, do a bit of self assessment and thinking, then paint till about 10am, I actually look forward to waking up in the morning and facing the day! Everyday for me now is full of excitement and wonder and creativity.
Detail from Balandra Morning - Samantha Rochard
 I am still, as usual, struggling with meshing the financial part. I am yet to use my sales skills to monetize effectively, these canvases that I put out.,,,I have some plans, but more about that in another post.
Balandra Morning Samantha Rochard
Here is the final painting, which I hope generates those peaceful and content feelings which I had that weekend. Moving forward with the aim of achieving this kind of serenity, peace and joy which I felt for that brief time.

Live creatively.

Comments