Crossroads...sort of




The two pictures above are just some of the recent works that I have have done.
I have been in a very creative mood, mostly because I have been forced to take extended down time due to a condition called Meniere's Disease, which I was recently diagnosed as having. Well...not really recently...about a year ago....but since September, the episodes/attacks have been too frequent. Frequent enough for me never to know on a day to day basis if I am going to be able to leave the house. It mkes planning, scheduling and working difficult.
Useful Meniere's Link here :

and here: Learn more about Meneire's


I have been keeping myself busy by creating. I am also trying to process the possibility of not being able to work a regular job, as I have been at rest fro two weeks and there have been no chamges in the frequency of the symptoms. I cannot say that they are getting better, I can only say that when I am down, I rest...(that is I am confined to a bed). I am able to do less, and even on good days I have learnt not to push beyond doing two errands per day, or I will spend the whole of the afternoon and the next day in bed. Driving has been curtailed. I can only make the occasional trip to Port Of Spain, and usually stay within a three mile radius. In a nutshell, to much movement, loud noises, conversation, low humming sounds like pressure washers, helicoptors, and some vehicles force me to retreat to a quiet place. Lights from stores and malls make me feel sick...almost instantly. I have half an hour to run in, get my stuff and run back out before I want to throw up.I have had the constant feeling of someone holding a high speed drill to my head....everyday....every freakin day!

So far.....since September, I can count the days when I had the all clear...feeling no effects of the condition.....on one hand.

Needless to say, I plan every morning for the most urgent task. I get that done and see what can be done next.

The painting keeps me sane......I can actually zone out and not pay attention to the buzzing and the whupping and screeching in my ear that occasionally interrupts my peace of mind.

The Gallery at Fine Art n Woodbrook has lots of my work for sale. Please go buy and ask Hazel or Kerri to show them to you if you would like to own an original. I appreciate this talent more. I hope it can be my fall back if I am unable to go back to work.

Not one to panic.....taking it as it comes.




Comments